Thursday, May 25, 2017

How To: Miss the Bus??!?!!??!!?!?!

Wow hello friends, this is a surprise post that comes to you very shortly after the last post because I have some wisdom to impart, maybe. Or maybe it's just an example of what not to do. Who knows. But either way, read about our misadventures into Omnibus territory!

So, as I previously mentioned like two days ago, my friend and I were planning on taking an impromptu trip. We booked our bus tickets to Córdoba, and it was going to be a super exciting time! And so I printed out the tickets like a good little person, and we packed up all our stuff and took the train to the bus station.

Our bus was supposed to leave at 9pm, and we got their early at like 8pm, so we had plenty of time. And then we waited. The way it's supposed to work is that they put your bus company up on the screen, and then you find out where the bus comes in to the terminal. So we found some seats and watched patiently for our bus to appear on the screen. But it never did.

We waited and waited and I went to ask a security guard if she had any information for us, but she wasn't very helpful, and then we saw a bus with our company name on it pulling away from the station. At first we joked, like, Hey, what if that was our bus? And what if it's leaving without us?? But then the panic set in. WHAT IF THAT WAS ACTUALLY OUR BUS AND IT ACTUALLY LEFT WITHOUT US???

So we went upstairs to where the ticket offices are, to try and find the company that sold us our tickets. There are over a hundred of those little booths up there, and we ran around them trying to find the right one, only to discover that it was CLOSED. WHO DID THIS.

So I went up to this lady at a booth close to the one we needed to see if she could help. And I was like, "Hey so I know this isn't your company, but do you have any information about this bus?" And she responded, "This isn't my company." LADY. I TOLD YOU THAT. LITERALLY THOSE WERE THE FIRST WORDS OUT OF MY MOUTH. So she told us to go somewhere else, but I think she was lying, because she just told us to go further down the hall to find a booth that was open, but there were not any more booths for our company. So we asked another random booth for help. And they sent us to another company. And they sent us to the information desk. And the information desk guy said, "This bus left."

And I hate him.

But then he directed us back up to another booth that he said could help us, but they said they couldn't help us so they sent us back to a previous booth and by this time we were 6000 mad and also tired and sweaty from running up and down this gigantic hallway, and we got there to this booth and IT WAS ALMOST CLOSED AND WE WERE SCREAMING. (Not really, but I'm trying to add more excitement to this. We would have screamed if it was socially appropriate, but we didn't want to draw more attention to ourselves than we already did.)

And the people in this booth were like, You fools, we're trying to leave, it's like 10pm and we want to go home and you don't even look like you belong here but fine we'll help you you can have tickets for tomorrow night at the same time for free, because it's technically our fault that you missed your bus because we call our bus something completely different from what your ticket says, and since tickets are completely void of any useful information we might as well not lose all our business by alienating the international students who come here to have a good experience. That's not really what they said, but I know that's what they were thinking.

But so the good news of this story is that we're hopefully leaving tonight at the same time. So we only lost one day of our trip, but hopefully we'll still have enough time to do a bunch of fun exploring and stuff! So we took the train back to our homes and stopped at a bar where I drank my actual first alcoholic drink and we made up scenarios in which this evening could have been worse. That was good and therapeutic.

In other news, the best test of your Spanish abilities will come after you've had this evening, and you end up back in your room in your apartment, and your host mom wakes you up at 7:30am demanding to know what happened, and you're in your pajamas and you can't really see because it's dark and you're not wearing your glasses, and you can barely explain what happened to you English because it's been a very long day. "Hello brain, what even is conjugation in the Spanish language? I think I just said that we got ran over by the bus, but I'm not even sure about that."

PS: I guess food


  • All I've tried new is this drink, that is apparently Malibu with orange juice and cherry flavoring
PSS: Here is Xander, excited for his train ride to the bus terminal. We'll try again today Xander, we'll try again

2 comments:

  1. My favorite part of this story: "And I hate him."
    Also, being 6000 mad sounds really scary especially since it's more than 5000 mad.
    I hope you don't die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am inspired by the data that you have on this blog. It demonstrates how well you comprehend this subject.
    Project Management Assignment Service

    ReplyDelete