Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Ha Ha, I Lied Last Time When I Said I Would Write More Often

Sorry about that. Life is so scary.

But you know what else?

LIFE IS GREAT. LIFE IS AWESOME. LIFE IS FULL OF HAPPINESS AND SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS AND CATS AND CUDDLY TINY DOGS AND COOL PEOPLE WHO LOVE YOU AND WHO YOU LOVE AND FAMILY AND WEIRDOS AND SNERBS AND SPANISH AND TURTLES AND ORANGE THINGS AND COLLEGE AND FRIENDS AND FOOD AND IRON MAN AND MUSIC AND HAIR AND NAIL POLISH AND LEARNING AND CHILDREN AND FROGS.

And probably lots of other things too. Today is just a great day to be alive and be thankful for all the things that you're normally thankful for, but don't necessarily tell your thankfulness too. "Thanks leaves that make cool patterns on the ground." "Thanks taco meat." "Thanks shiny orange pen." Just like that. It's not that hard! Do it! I encourage you to thank a bunch of the things that make your life exciting and tell them. And don't you tell me that they're just things and they won't care about anything. Because they will. They give their lives for you, and the least you can do is share your appreciation.

Also, of course, make sure you tell your favorite people that you love them, because those people are great, and they mostly made you who you are today. That's the good thing about people--they turn other people into better people. I want to make sure everyone who reads this knows that they are loved and appreciated. I am so lucky to have the people I have in my life. I never ever want to take them for granted. Because people are scary. But also, people are the best things ever. Way better than even turtles, probably. (GASP)

In a shocking turn of events, I am still a manager in the Caf. It's great. I'm so grateful for all the students who work with me, because they're all amazing, and they work really hard. I'm grateful that I'm really good at my job, because it makes me happy to do things that I like and have fun with. The people though, those are the ones who make it the most fun.

I still sometimes get annoyed at the people who can't figure out how to scrape their plates, because it's really not that hard, but maybe they don't have ears, and therefore they are excused from throwing their napkins in the trash. Who knows.

Also, I have classes, in another shocking turn of events. They're so education-y. I have to start planning lessons for actual students in actual classrooms, and it's a little bit terrifying and actually really hard and time-consuming. Take that, math majors! Just kidding. All majors are important and significant and relevant to life. Also, we built marshmallow and spaghetti towers in two of my classes, so you may have a point about the lack of rigorousness in education classes. BUT ALSO NOT, SO DON'T TEST ME.

Spanish is great, and we're learning a lot about grammar, which is great because grammar is my favorite and I love it. We get to review kids books, which is basically another great way to do education. Also, because it's a grammar and translation class, we have to do our first translation for next? week by translating something we wrote ourselves. At first, I was like, "Noooooo. I don't write anything! I'll have to use some super lame academic paper about the plague and I'll hate it and probably die!" but then I realized that was silly, and in fact, I have a blog in which I occasionally post things, and by things I mean writing! So, I think it would be pretty ironic if I took this paragraph here, about not having anything to translate for Spanish, except actually having something to translate for Spanish, and translated it into Spanish. But that would also be hard because I basically write long, deathy run-on sentences. So, maybe not. We'll see.

And in one of my classes, we're learning about understanding, and it's really confusing, because according our textbook, you can't define understanding, but to understand understanding, you have to be able to understand the definition of understanding, but the authors refuse to define understanding, because you can't define understanding, so they just say things like, "Understanding is great, but first we need to know what we mean by understanding. Unfortunately for you, understanding is un-understandable because we hate you, and hope you quit education and turn into a squirrel. It would be easier than trying to rectify the understanding paradox of inadequate understanding." (I paraphrased a little.)

It might even be more confusing than my philosophy class last semester....

I suddenly became really tired, probably because of all the emotions I was putting into the understanding paragraph. Trying to understand that stuff really drains my energy. I shall have to go take a nap. Good thing I have death class right soon, so I can get a good, long nap in. Those desks are so comfy.

Also, tell someone important that you love them today! Because it feels pretty great.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. FIRST AND FOREMOST I LOVE YOU
    I also love, in this strict order:
    Sour candy
    My beautiful, beautiful bedding that is art that I will frame one day
    The tree outside my window that reminds me of Pollyanna (a book I coincidentally love)
    Physics, because actually I think it might be cool even though I don't always get it
    AND LASTLY your paragraph about understanding, because it made me laugh and I have been doing homework for hours, and it was a nice break in the monotony.
    There.
    Also please tell us if you decide to use that paragraph for Spanish.

    ReplyDelete