Sunday, September 27, 2015

Quick Post Day

Just a short post today because I have no good reason, but I wanted to write some stuff. So:

My family came to visit this weekend! It was great to see some weirdies and my mom! (Just kidding, Mom, you're weird too! Don't worry!) Packy wore a baseball hat all day and he's basically old now. So that was weird. Matt gets to be Donkey in the school play of Shrek: The Musical, which is super cool, and also Matt is really weird. Dad still likes radios and horrible puns, so I guess that's cool, if you think being really weird is cool. And also Mom got a job working as a hemotologist or oncologist or something like that. (Yes, she's qualified to do that. No, I didn't forget something important in that statement.)

I didn't see Dan, because he's a loser and goes to college. Who goes to college? Not me. College is for weirdies. (I'm trying to see how many times I can say variations of the word "weird" in this post. It's pretty high so far.) But I occasionally talk to Dan, and apparently he has friends, so I guess I shouldn't worry about that weirdie so much. THAT'S A LIE, DAN. I DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOU STOP THINKING I DO AND GO AWAY.

Short note: I think the point when you know you're where you're supposed to be happens when you find yourself thinking, "Wow. I don't know who I would be if I didn't know the people I know now. I can't imagine not knowing these people. What would have even happened if I went somewhere else for college?" And I'm proud to say that I hit that point. It only took an entire year, but it happened. And it's great. Thanks to all my friends I met at college. They're all super great and wonderful.

The moral of that story is that it's probably okay if it takes you a bajillion years to figure out where you are or who you are or what you do, but when it finally happens, it's pretty much the best feeling ever.

Okay. Enough feelings. That's all. I like you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment