Friday, January 2, 2015

Kansas...?

We only drove for twelve hours today guys! That's not very long! Just kidding. I'm pretty sure car time is a different kind of time than normal time. I mean, we drove twelve hours, but it felt like at least twenty. Even though I know it was twelve.

Part of this comes from sleeping. I try to sleep in the car, and sometimes, I'll kind of fake wake up, and think, "Oh my! I must have been sleeping for hours!" But when I check the time it's only been twenty minutes. Oh well. Who needs sleep anyway? Sleep is for the weak! (Plus, I had to sleep on the floor last night. Which means I didn't really sleep then either. But I get a whole couch to myself tonight! Woo hoo!)

I added two new states to my list of states I've been to today! One was Missouri. Missouri pretty much looks like Iowa. So not too exciting. But THEN! Then we went to Kansas. And boy, let me tell you about Kansas.

It looks like Minnesota or Iowa, but, but.... it's not. It's not real! It's like fake midwest. Where is all the snow I ask you?!?! Where is all the weird white powdery stuff that the midwest is made of? Kansas is a lie. I'm pretty sure we should shun it.

We're staying in a hotel in Pratt, Kansas. It's pretty scary here. Not the hotel. But the town. It has like four hotels on the same street. And then nothing else. Like, oh, this looks like a good place to stop because we have no food, but we could sleep in four different beds tonight!

But actually, we went to eat food, which was a little farther down the way, and it was pretty good. I had grilled cheese, that was probably the most delicious grilled cheese ever. (Sorry my brother who makes me grilled cheese whenever I demand. This was better. They didn't drop my bread down the side of the oven.) I think I discovered the point where there was too much cheese though. I ate all the bread, and there were still huge globs of cheese left over. Just too much!

Oh. And, on the highway in Kansas, there are mile markers every 0.2 miles. That's crazy. I feel bad for whoever's job it was to put all those signs up.

Tomorrow is more driving! Down to the actual place of travel. I haven't even encountered danger yet. Well. Except for when we had to switch drivers in the middle of the highway. That might have been dangerous. Anyway. The important thing is that we're all still alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment